We’re introducing “Facility of the Week”!
Over the next few weeks, we will be highlighting a selection of our unique facilities from the wide range of regional facilities that are available for the JERICO-S3 TA 2nd call, which is open until 31st May 2021. Email Jerico.TA@marine.ie with any queries.
The Oceanic Platform of the Canary Islands (PLOCAN) is a multipurpose technical-scientific service infrastructure that provides support for research, technological development and innovation in the marine and maritime sectors, available to public and private users. PLOCAN offers both onshore and offshore experimental facilities and services which include:
- an ocean observatory for the continuous and real-time monitoring in fields such as the study of global change and ocean acidification, water-column and deep-sea ecosystems, ocean biogeochemistry and geophysics
- a test site for the research, demonstration and operation of marine technologies which provides a robust and secure underwater electric infrastructure to evacuate the generated energy to the power grid connection, and a control centre for data analysis
- a base for underwater vehicles that includes a series of underwater unmanned state-of-the-art technologies such as gliders, ROVs and AUVs
- an innovation hub offering efficient and high quality R&D&I project management services, as well as other user-oriented services technological and non-technological
- a training platform for institutions and enterprises.