Organised by SYKE through the MINKE project, a hybrid training workshop will take place between 15th – 17th November 2022. This workshop will take place over three days, and is aimed at early career marine scientists.
Day 1 will focus on the specificities of measuring in the marine environment.
Day 2 will include hands-on sessions and demonstrations in the laboratory.
Day 3 will revolve around discussions related to issues such as calibration and the traceability of measurements in the context of Metrology.
The preliminary program includes the following topics:
- Measurement in the marine environment
- Measurements in the laboratory
- Challenges and demands specific to marine measurements
- Calibration & Control
- The international measurement traceability framework
- A round-table discussion with participants
A limited amount of funding is available for students, early career science, or technical personnel for marine science.
Participants interested in this workshop should fill out the application form.
Application deadline: 13th October 2022