Harmonization of technologies and methodologies-technical strategy
|Work package leader: OGS||Work package co-leader: HZG|
|Contact:||Rajesh Nair||Wilhelm Petersen|
|Email address:||Please login or register to view contact information.||Please login or register to view contact information.|
- Task 2.1: Coordination of network harmonization
- Task 2.2: Consolidation of initiated network harmonization actions
- Task 2.3: Harmonizing new network systems
- Task 2.4: Harmonizing new network sensors
- Task 2.5: Calibration and assessment
- Task 2.6: The JERICO Label Technical Committee
The harmonization of technologies, methodologies and procedures is a vital step in ensuring efficiency and optimal returns from any kind of distributed, heterogeneous, multifaceted, coastal observing infrastructure operating on a transnational level such as the JERICO network. This is because such harmonization leads to an intelligent use of resources across the network, adds to the consistency of its services and products, and helps to provide uniformed access modes and interfaces to users.
The activities constituting this WP will be those of:
- Organization, management and reporting (of harmonisation initiatives across the JERICO network);
- consolidation (of ongoing harmonization efforts in the JERICO project);
- extension (of these efforts to new systems and sensors);
- standardisation (of operations and processes within the JERICO network).