In the framework of the work package 2 (Harmonization of technologies and methodologies – technical strategy) will be organized the first workshop of Task 2.4 “Harmonizing new network sensors” in Issy-les-Moulineaux (France) on December 13th & 14th, 2016.
Aim of the workshop:
The JERICO-Next network is implementing a variety of sensors for a number of bio-geochemical measurements. Furthermore, systems for coastal profiling can help to integrate indispensable information on water column characteristics in coastal areas.
Task 2.4 deals with the harmonization of these sensors and systems, including their underlying technologies. In this first workshop the status of sensors used for measuring biology related optical properties, variables of the marine carbonate system, and systems for coastal profiling within the JERICO-Next network will be presented and discussed. The main objectives are the following:
– Discuss and report on the present level of implementation of such sensors and systems within the JERICO–Next network from the perspectives of:
- the state-of-the-art and use
- current modes of deployment
- capabilities and limitations
- data quality concerns
– Discuss and agree on the structure and contents of Deliverable D2.2: “Report on the status of sensors used for measuring nutrients, biology-related optical properties, variables of the marine carbonate system, and for coastal profiling, within the JERICO network and, more generally, in the European context” (D2.2, MS18 – February 2017).
– Agree on the respective responsibilities of the involved partners in relation to the preparation of D2.2.
For more information you can read the agenda.
Headquarters of Ifremer
155, rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Tel. +33 (0) 1 46 48 21 00